Thursday, February 27, 2014

Timelines

I did a Social Studies unit this week on timelines.  I love teaching Science and Social Studies and having the opportunity for hands-on learning!  I found this super cool timeline on TeachersPayTeachers for FREE!!!!  I can't imagine teaching without all these super cool resources....they are awesome!  They were formatted to be printed to use as a timeline on the wall.  I shrunk them down to flash card size and printed them on color paper.  They went all the way from Christopher Columbus to Obama.

(I also figured out how to link a picture on blogger.  Click on the picture below to go to this listing on TPT.)




I put the students in their groups and had them put the timeline cards in order.  This was tricky as there were a lot of them!  The students had to really work together to complete their line.  I think they did a great job!




Our timeline is done!!




Once they completed their timeline I asked them several questions that required them to use their assembled timeline to answer.  The enjoyed competing to see who could get the answer the quickest. I loved the teamwork during this activity.  I then asked them some questions that they had to answer on their own.  Such a fun learning activity that kept the students engaged!

At the end of the unit the students made their own timeline with important events from their life.  They all looked great!!




No comments:

Post a Comment